- Please add your suggestions to make this wiki more useful and effective. Replace the 'Suggestion #' title with your own title topic.
From Nancy in Montana Edit
- 02:56, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- State coordinators have e-mail boxes, maybe they could go on the page by our names?
- Better to organize in alphabetic order for states?
- Put application to join on the wiki site?
- How much additional info can you put on a wiki site?
- I've looked at the site and it looks good. Each state coordinator will have an e-mail address at ACT and I'd think those could be put next to the names. Wonder if it would help to put the application online to apply to ACT, that may or maynot work.
Thanks Nancy. I will respond to these suggestions when I get some more feedback. --jwalling 03:00, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
Compiling information for disaster preparedness Edit
Crossposting from another forum. I would like to see this wiki fill the need she expresses. --jwalling 21:11, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:29:00 -0700 From: "Mariko" <zzcat@...> Subject: Evacuation bill and preparedness Forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stealthvolunteers/
I'm just wondering. Do other states/provinces have a similar pet evacuation bill/law like this proposed Louisiana Pet Evacuation Bill?
Compiling of such information seems very important for the disaster preparedness. Also useful would be the information about planned/designated emergency shelters, evacuation centers, hotels, kennels, veterinary clinics, etc., URLs of state/province disaster preparedness Web sites for public, regional disaster network of participating rescue organizations if they exist, and so forth.
I don't know much about these plans in my immediate area! I need to find out and be prepared.
- Disaster News Network
- Study shows response failures
- WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 10, 2005) —
- Disaster response worldwide is stunted by something surprisingly simple: failed relationships.
Put Alert/Current Disaster Situation on the main page Edit
When ACT wiki goes into production phase, I suggest the following changes be made to the site:
1. "Alert" or the "Current Disaster Situation" should be at the main page where viewers can see right away what the current needs are when they come to the site. This should have links to any pages that list current needs (supplies, volunteer deployment, etc.).
2. State/Province coordinators list should have names, phones, and e-mail addresses so that the non-ACT members can donate supplies and money.
3. State/Province coordinators list should be easy to find on the main page and anywhere else. This is to facilitate the donation process by non-member visitors to this wiki site.
4. Designated ACT member should update the Current Disaster Situation (or whatever section title) when a disaster situation occurs. S/he should post any help needed (supplies, etc.) so that more people can help with these needed items.